Info: How To Make Your LinkedIn Profile "Recruiter Friendly".

By Kimi Jamai - March 07, 2017

Assalamualaikum,
Salam Muhibbah everyone! I hope everyone is doing fine eventho Im not. Im suffering from some kind of infection on my trachea right now. Just a little bit tho, so no worries. Anyway, Im not going to talk about BR1M or rant about anything.Just want to keep the blog healthy, which also translates to 'boring'. But I dont care its boring as long it could be useful to someone somewhere out there. Well today, this entry is targeted again towards all the fresh graduates out there who are still looking for jobs. I just want to share a bit of what I know from the perspective of a recruiter.


Alright, I am working as an inhouse recruiter for a Semiconductor company in Kulim. As a recruiter, we are required to utilized all the job seeking platform there is out there. To name a few, we have of course Jobstreet, MauKerja.com, Monster, so many others and LinkedIn. I want to talk about LinkedIn! Primarily because I believe there is a lot of ways that you can do to make your LinkedIn profile, urm 'Recruiter friendly'. I wont be sharing things like how to write a good summary on your LinkedIn or things like that. I just want to share literally two tips how you can help us help you to get a job.


As far as I have been using this particular platform, I notice that a lot of the users(job seekers) do not put enough things on their profile. Among the things that they always miss out are their contact number/email and also their CV/Resume. You see, what happens when you dont put this things is that we Recruiter would need to send you Inmails and we'll have to wait for you to check your emails to see the notification and only then you would check your LinkedIn mailbox and then reply. This would usually take 2-3 days which is a waste of time, on your side as well mine. If you could just somewhere on your profile, put your contact number, I could call you right now and save us the 2-3 days. So the 2 tips are Put your phone number and also upload your resume. Simple huh? but many seems to overlook.



So how do we do that? Im glad you ask! its a really simple procedure. Would only take literally 5 minutes (maybe less) to include this information in your profile. Alright, you can include your contact number anywhere that you can input information. For example, they will ask you to write a summary about yourself , you can put it there, they will also ask you to write about your education background , co-curricular involvement, you can also put it there. A lot other sections that you can include your contact number. Let me show you how to edit it if you dont know how.

First, go to your profile. Click the pencil icon.

Go to your summary and add your number/email. Done.

And if you scroll down a bit from your summary, you can already see a function where you can upload your resume, so, urm.. Upload your resume!



Thats it people! Its really easy! if its not easy and effective, I wont recommend it to you. I'm pretty sure LinkedIn wont really appreciate me sharing this kind of information with you guys but this is definitely going to be helpful if you really are fully utilizing LinkedIn as a source. As a recruiter, I always think that I am like a bridge for someone out there to cross over from being unemployed to having a stable income/job, hence this entry.Dont forget to connect with me on LinkedIn too!I hope this somehow benefits you guys. Have a great life, May Allah Bless!

Assalamualaikum.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Org Buat Aku Senyum

  1. Nice info. I'll share with my husband as he is the one using linkedin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emalin! Please also share with other people!

      Delete

Komen jangan tak komen.. Makaseh :D